During our precious summer months, some dancers head off to train eight hours a day in pre-professional intensives, while others sleep until noon then happily float the river. We support both of these options and everything in between! All too soon, summer comes to an end, school starts up… and, bam — it’s time for Nutcracker auditions!
To help our local dancers prepare for auditions, GCB launched Intermediate and Advanced camps in 2017 — and, by popular demand, offered Beginning camp in 2020!
- pointe (for advanced dancers only)
- audition tips
- ballet acting
- overcoming performance anxiety
- how to appropriately handle casting disappointment
- general dance etiquette
- A complimentary (digital) ballet head shot (required for auditions) is included for all dancers!
- Boot Camp is not a requirement for Nutcracker auditions.
- Alumni are welcome to register, though space is limited and priority will be given to auditioning Nutcracker dancers.
If you’d like to sign up manually please download the following PDF: 2021 Boot Camp Registration
If a minimum number of dancers is not registered by June 30, camp will be cancelled and full refunds given. Due to our commitment to paying instructors and renting studio space, no refunds will otherwise be given.