Especially for new Nutcracker families, the amount of detail and information during the season can be overwhelming. Please always feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns — we are here to make your experience enjoyable and to provide moral support in times of stress. Thank you for doing your part to stay informed!
- Female dancers must have at least (2) “ballet pink” tights that cover the heel and toes (convertible footed tights are fine, but not ankle length). Tights must be free of all holes, stains, snags and runs. One pair is for performing, and one pair is back up.
- Female dancers must have pink ballet slippers and pointe shoes (if applicable) in good, clean condition. Slippers with holes (or tape) will not be allowed for performances.
- Female dancers must have a thin-strap, nude-colored leotard to wear underneath all costumes (except the following roles may wear a thin-strap leotard of any color: Fritz, Maid, Party Boys, Lead Mice, Little Mice, Soldiers, Butterflies, Court Servants).
- All dancers (ages 10 and older) must use deodorant before wearing any costumes.
- All dancers (of a certain age), especially those wearing a tutu, must wear a panti-liner (placed in the leotard, not tights) at all times while in costume, regardless. If you have a situation, please tell someone. Otherwise we might not find out until the following year when fitting costumes for the next season.
- Male dancers must have at least (2) white ballet tights and black or white ballet slippers (depending on the role). Both tights are generally worn at the same time (for better coverage) while performing.
- Male dancers (depending on age) also must wear a dance belt.
Certain roles require additional costume accessories (each family is responsible for these items — check first with GCB to see if there are any available to loan).
If you have a dancer that is challenging (i.e. can’t sit still, complains of being in pain, criticizes your efforts), grab a friend and switch your kids. It could be more fun for everyone!
NEW 2021 Instructions for Make-up (follow these instructions adapted for COVID, and also see the next link for general make-up tips!)
Important: No jewelry is allowed during rehearsals or performances (including earrings, anklets, friendship bracelets, hair ties on wrists, watches, or necklaces). Please do not schedule any piercings prior to performances. Remove nail polish.
- A mandatory meeting for the cast and all parents will be held at the beginning of tech week to review important information.
- New families are required to take a mandatory tour of the Montana Theatre venue.
- The PAR-TV building is open to the public, and theft often occurs. Do not bring anything of value to the theater.
- Label everything you bring to the theater (ballet tights, slippers, leotards, make-up kits, personal clothing, shoes, water bottles, lunch boxes, etc.). By the end of the week, the lost and found is impressive.
- No street shoes are allowed in the downstairs dance studios.
- No gum is allowed in the building, and no food is allowed in the audience or dressing rooms.
- Dancers are not allowed in the lobby area or audience before or after performances.
Images and recordings taken by dancers, family members, or friends are for personal use only. Images and recordings of your dancer that include other dancers may not be distributed on social media (i.e. please do not post photos and recordings on Facebook if they include any child that is not your own).